Executive DirectorGuelph, ON | full-time (temporarily remote)
October 23, 2021
The Executive Director (ED) is the primary executive officer of the Givesome Foundation. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED implements the strategic directions, and oversees day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
Our ideal candidate is not necessarily a traditional ED. We value an equal balance of experience with the charitable sector, an entrepreneurial approach and a strong business acumen.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $150,000click for more details
The ED executes the strategic plan to achieve the Foundation’s long-range objectives.
- Participate in the Board’s planning processes to define strategic directions
- Allocate resources to achieve strategic directions authorized by the Board
- Advocate for the health and well-being of the Foundation’s charity partners
- Work closely with Givesome Management Inc to ensure the long-term health of the platform and brand
The ED directs the work of staff to achieve tactical and operational goals.
- Establish and implement sound human resource practices to hire, train, and retain competent qualified team members, including conducting regular performance appraisals
- Foster a work environment that supports and motivates team members
- Develop and mentor emerging leaders within the Foundation
- Deliver on the Foundation’s obligations to support corporate initiatives secured by Givesome Management Inc
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Foundation, and jointly, with designated Officers, execute legal documents
Outreach and Communication
The ED serves as the primary spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Establish strong working relationships with charity partners on the platform
- Publicize activities, attend events, and share stories that demonstrate impact and enhance the Foundation’s reputation
- Draft and distribute an Annual Impact Report to charity partners and the broader Givesome community in collaboration with Givesome Management Inc
- Determine innovative ways to foster community among charity partners on the platform
Platform Performance and Growth
The ED works to enhance the platform for charity partners and grow the number of givers.
- Grow the number of national and international charity partners and increase the number of active givers on the platform
- Gather feedback from givers and charity partners to improve the overall user experience
- Identify new platform features and products for development that are relevant to the needs of charity partners and givers
- Establish policies that clarify expectations and help govern charity partners on the platform
Budget and Financial Performance
The ED manages the financial resources to ensure the long-term health of the Foundation.
- Draft and present an annual budget to the Board for approval
- Ensure fiscal integrity by preparing quarterly financial statements and commentary that accurately describe the state of the Foundation
- Control costs and use resources efficiently to operate within the approved budget
- Manage operational revenue, and develop new revenue streams to maintain a positive financial position
- Maintain official records and documents to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local regulations
The ED works collaboratively with the Board to fulfill the Foundation’s mission.
- Communicate proactively with the Board and provide all information required for the Board to make informed decisions
- Monitor and track the health of the Foundation using established Key Performance Indicators
- Investigate and report issues or incidents that have the potential to negatively impact the Foundation
- Work with the Board Chair to plan agendas for monthly Board meetings
As a part of our hiring process, interested candidates are being asked to do the following:
- Check out our website to better understand our purpose and platform
- Create a 2 minute video and let us know a little more about yourself and how your skills could support us at Givesome.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your video and a copy of your resume to [email protected].